In the News
Pictures of Nothing: Abstract Art from the Permanent Collection will be shown at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, July 12-September 8, 2013
“Pictures of Nothing” will trace the evolution and development of abstract art from nine decades of the twentieth century, through close to fifty artworks in such media as painting, sculpture, photography, and prints. The exhibition divides the art into three sections -- focusing on gesture, geometry, and pattern -- in order to highlight the different formal characteristics among these groups of works.
Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center to exhibit The Polaroid Years: Instant Photography and Experimentation, surveying four decades of Polaroid’s influence in fine art photography, April 12-June 30, 2013
The exhibit is the first of its kind since the founding of the Polaroid Corporation by scientist and inventor Edwin H. Land some 75 years ago, and will highlight milestones in Polaroid’s history.
- Exhibition checklist for Pictures of Nothing, 7/12-9/8, (Posted 5/15/2013)
- Notes on Art: a lunchtime series at the FLLAC, Spring 2013 (Posted 4/4/2013)
- Checklist: “Recent Acquisitions: Works on Paper” exhibition at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center to spotlight sixty-two important new additions to the museum’s permanent collection, January 18-March 30, 2013 (Posted 12/14/2012)
- “Recent Acquisitions: Works on Paper” exhibition at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center to spotlight fifty-five important new additions to the museum’s permanent collection, January 18-March 30, 2013 (Posted 12/12/2012)
- Intriguing book-objects and artist books of Werner Pfeiffer to be exhibited by the Vassar Libraries and the Art Center, 9/6-12/15. (Posted 8/9/2012)