In the News
- Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center named one of the best university art museums in America by Architectural Digest
- Checklist of Items in the Gordon Parks Exhibition
- Exhibition examines the work of noted African-American photographer Gordon Parks (9/25-12/13)
- Several special events planned for summer exhibition at the Art Center, including a screening and a garden party (7/15-9/3)
- Checklist of objects in the exhibition, Punctuating Space: The Prints and Multiples of Richard Artschwager
- New exhibition spotlights the work of sculptor and painter Richard Artschwager (6/26-9/6)
Perspectives from our students.
The Multifaceted Mandala: A Map for Reflection and Introspection - Jun. 15, 2015
Today’s post comes from Benno Orlinsky, class of 2015 and multimedia assistant for the Art Center.
Last semester, I took professor of art Karen Lucic’s course “Embodying Compassion in Buddhist Art: A Curatorial Seminar.” The course was centered on... Read More
Become a fan of the Art Center on Facebook.
The collections of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center chart the history of art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 19,000 works.
Stay informed on art, art programs, collections and exhibitions at Vassar.
Art should stand “boldly forth as an educational force,” declared founder Matthew Vassar; his college was the country’s first to be founded with a gallery and teaching collection.