In the News
- Checklist: XL: Large Scale Paintings from the Permanent Collection 1/30-3/29/15
- Exhibition of rarely shown large-scale works on view 1/30-3/29
- Important eighteenth-century Japanese scroll painting acquired by Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center
- The Wall Street Journal praises the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center's exhibition, Imperial Augsburg
- Exhibition to explore Renaissance Augsburg’s innovations in works on paper (9/19-12/14)
Perspectives from our students.
Art Center Slow-Down - Nov. 19, 2014
Today’s post comes from Rosa Bozhkov, class of 2017 and Art Center Student Docent.
On Wednesdays at three, we meet. Every week the student docents at the Art Center get to know just a little bit more about the gallery through a variety of exercises... Read More
Become a fan of the Art Center on Facebook.
The collections of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center chart the history of art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 18,000 works.
Stay informed on art, art programs, collections and exhibitions at Vassar.
Art should stand “boldly forth as an educational force,” declared founder Matthew Vassar; his college was the country’s first to be founded with a gallery and teaching collection.