In the News
- First-ever exhibition of the works of Baroque master Francesco de Mura to be shown at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center (4/21-7/2/17)
- Checklist for the exhibition, Celebrating Heroes: American Mural Studies of the 1930s and 1940s from the Steven and Susan Hirsch Collection
- Noted artist Mark Dion created a monumental “cabinet of curiosities,” a site-specific installation for the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center (through 12/11)
- New exhibition at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center: Tanya Marcuse, Fruitless/Fallen/Woven (through 7/31)
- Touch the Sky exhibition at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center celebrates astronomy as seen through the eyes of 18 artists (4/29-8/21)
- Touch the Sky: Art and Astronomy Checklist
Perspectives from our students.
Today’s post comes from Lydia Wood, class of 2017 and Art Center Summer Pindyck Intern.
This spring the Environmental Studies and American Studies programs offered a course called From the Natural History Museum to Ecotourism: The Collection of... Read More
Become a fan of the Art Center on Facebook.
Follow us on Instagram.
The collections of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center chart the history of art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 19,000 works.
Stay informed on art, art programs, collections and exhibitions at Vassar.
Art at Vassar
Download the latest issue.
Art should stand “boldly forth as an educational force,” declared founder Matthew Vassar; his college was the country’s first to be founded with a gallery and teaching collection.