In the News
- Exhibition examines the work of noted African-American photographer Gordon Parks (9/25-12/13)
- Several special events planned for summer exhibition at the Art Center, including a screening and a garden party (7/15-9/3)
- Free summer art talks at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center (6/17, 7/15, 8/5)
- Vision and Optics in Photography installation on view at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center
- 17th century Baroque masterwork painting, The Finding of Moses, acquired by Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center
- Checklist of objects in the exhibition, Punctuating Space: The Prints and Multiples of Richard Artschwager
Perspectives from our students.
The Multifaceted Mandala: A Map for Reflection and Introspection - Jun. 15, 2015
Today’s post comes from Benno Orlinsky, class of 2015 and multimedia assistant for the Art Center.
Last semester, I took professor of art Karen Lucic’s course “Embodying Compassion in Buddhist Art: A Curatorial Seminar.” The course was centered on... Read More
Become a fan of the Art Center on Facebook.
The collections of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center chart the history of art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 19,000 works.
Stay informed on art, art programs, collections and exhibitions at Vassar.
Art should stand “boldly forth as an educational force,” declared founder Matthew Vassar; his college was the country’s first to be founded with a gallery and teaching collection.