In the News
- Golden age of American murals is explored in the exhibition Celebrating Heroes (9/2-12/18)
- First-ever exhibition of the works of Baroque master Francesco de Mura to be shown at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center (4/21-7/2/17)
- Checklist for the exhibition, Celebrating Heroes: American Mural Studies of the 1930s and 1940s from the Steven and Susan Hirsch Collection
- Noted artist Mark Dion created a monumental “cabinet of curiosities,” a site-specific installation for the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center (through 12/11)
- New exhibition at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center: Tanya Marcuse, Fruitless/Fallen/Woven (through 7/31)
- Touch the Sky exhibition at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center celebrates astronomy as seen through the eyes of 18 artists (4/29-8/21)
Perspectives from our students.
Storytime at the Museum - Jun. 10, 2016
Today’s post comes from Gabrielle Miranda, class of 2018 and Art Center Student Docent.
A group of young art appreciators joined us at the Art Center on June 3 for Storytime at the Museum to read about and explore the theme, “Lines and Shapes in... Read More
Become a fan of the Art Center on Facebook.
Follow us on Instagram.
The collections of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center chart the history of art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 19,000 works.
Stay informed on art, art programs, collections and exhibitions at Vassar.
Art at Vassar
Download the latest issue.
Art should stand “boldly forth as an educational force,” declared founder Matthew Vassar; his college was the country’s first to be founded with a gallery and teaching collection.