In the News
- Checklist of Objects Purchased from the Barrett Art Center, November 2015
- Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center acquires works by Hudson Valley artist Thomas Barrett
- The New York Times writes about the Art Center's current special exhibition in "Gordon Parks's Harlem Argument"
- American Stories 1800-1950 Exhibition Checklist
- The American Stories exhibition is a sweeping exploration of American paintings from the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center’s permanent collection (1/29-4/17)
- Exhibition examines the work of noted African-American photographer Gordon Parks (9/25-12/13)
Perspectives from our students.
Restoration and Installation - Nov. 12, 2015
Today’s post comes from Delphine Douglas, class of 2018 and Art Center Multimedia Student Assistant.
In 1917 the Art Center received a large canvas by Lambert Sustris, a sixteenth-century Netherlandish artist transplanted to the Veneto.... Read More
Become a fan of the Art Center on Facebook.
The collections of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center chart the history of art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 19,000 works.
Stay informed on art, art programs, collections and exhibitions at Vassar.
Art should stand “boldly forth as an educational force,” declared founder Matthew Vassar; his college was the country’s first to be founded with a gallery and teaching collection.