In the News
- Tim Youd: Retyping "The Group" by Mary McCarthy from April 19 – May 4, 2018
- “Buildings and Belonging: Mapping the African American Experience at Vassar College Since 1861” opens during Vassar Triennial from April 13 – 15, 2018
- New Focus Gallery Exhibition - Reflections: Portrayals of and by African Americans
- Master Class: Northern European Art 1500–1700 from the Permanent Collection, opens at The Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, April 27–September 2, 2018
- Vassar's Loeb Art Center Offers "Storytime at the Museum" Series for Children Beginning March 2, 2018,
Perspectives from our students.
From 2D to 3D: 19th-century French Fashion - Apr. 11, 2018
Today’s post comes from Olivia Feltus, class of 2021 and Art Center Student Docent
On Wednesday, February 21, the Art Center hosted a talk by Susan Hiner of the French and Francophone Studies department at Vassar about the Focus Gallery... Read More
Become a fan of the Art Center on Facebook.
Follow us on Instagram.
The collections of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center chart the history of art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 19,000 works.
Stay informed on art, art programs, collections and exhibitions at Vassar.
Art at Vassar
Download the latest issue.
Art should stand “boldly forth as an educational force,” declared founder Matthew Vassar; his college was the country’s first to be founded with a gallery and teaching collection.