The Hudson River School Collection: A 3D Virtual Exhibition
The Art Center is excited to present this venerable collection in a new way: Enjoy our Hudson River School Galleries virtually from your computer, mobile device, or VR headset.
In the News
- Three-Part Series Honors Groundbreaking Professor of Art History Linda Nochlin
- New Miscellany News Article on The Ongoing Moment
- The Ongoing Moment: Recent Acquisitions of Photography at the Loeb
- Home Sick at the Trolley Barn
- Women Picturing Women: From Personal Spaces to Public Ventures
- Loeb Donates Art Supplies to Area Students
Perspectives from our students.
Today’s post comes from Ian Shelley, Vassar class of 2022 and Art Center student docent.
One of the most conspicuous expressions of colonialism in Western art has been Orientalism, a nineteenth-century movement broadly characterized by exoticized... Read More
Become a fan of the Art Center on Facebook.
Follow us on Instagram.
The collections of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center chart the history of art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 21,000 works.
Stay informed on art, art programs, collections and exhibitions at Vassar.
Art should stand “boldly forth as an educational force,” declared founder Matthew Vassar; his college was the country’s first to be founded with a gallery and teaching collection.